Freight Transportation Management
The Transport Strategy of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2030 envisages further development of the entire transport sector of the country, including motor freight transport. In the forecast period, the volume of road freight transport will increase more twice, and its share in the total volume of goods the country will be at least 58%. The distance of freight carriage and cargo turnover will greatly increase.
Areas of work:
- Study of the problems of improving management systems and usage of freight motor transport;
- Development of concepts, strategies and programs for the development of freight motor transport;
- The development of the regulatory framework in the field of freight motor transport (federal laws, rules of transportation, technical regulations, etc.);
- The development of complex projects for the management of motor transportation of bulky, heavy, hazardous and other goods in transport hubs and on motorways;
- Improving technology and management of freight transportation (including containers and pick backs) on the road and combined (multimodal) traffic.
Some of the developments made in the area of freight transportation management:
- Transport Strategy of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020. Participation in development (approved by Order of the RF Ministry of Transport from 12.05.2005 № 45);
- Transport Strategy of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2030. Participation in development (approved by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation from 22.11.2008 № 1734-p);
- Rules of motor freight transportation (approved by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation from 15.04.2011 № 272);
- The main directions of development of the international motor transport services market (approved by the Council of Heads of CIS Governments on 14 November 2008, Chisinau);
- The concept of joining the CIS to international conventions and agreements in the field of motor transport (approved by the Economic Council of the CIS in 2001 and implemented in the CIS countries);
- The program of development of international motor transport in Russia for the period 1996-2000 (approved by the Board of the Ministry of Transport of Russia in 1995);- The concept of tolls on federal roads from the owners (users) of the vehicles, with the maximum (total) weight of more than 12 tons (approved by the RF Ministry of Transport, 2011).